At Triclinium we believe that prevention is better than cure. That is why we place such a great emphasis on the use of prophylactic and hygienic measures both in the clinic and outside it. Weeducate our patients how to take care of their teeth and periodontal areas at home. We teach them how important it is to maintain healthy and complete denture as long as possible.
We provide information on:
- the causes of tooth decay;
- the impact of nutrition on dental health;
- proper hygiene habits from the earliest months of life;
- selection of appropriate materials (toothbrushes, dental floss, mouth rinse, irrigators) to prevent carries. You can try out our irrigator on the spot.
- sealing, i.e. protecting furrows of the newly erupted permanent teeth (mostly premolars) with a special preparation. This prevents deposition of plaque in the area and thus protects against the development of caries;
- fluoridation, i.e. covering the teeth with a fluoride varnish or gel that has the remineralization properties (if initial caries is already there), protective properties (by increasing hardness and resistance of enamel to decay) and reduces postoperative sensitivity (resulting from denudation of tooth necks);
- scaling, i.e. professional removal of tartar (calculus), i.e. mineralized plaque which can no longer be removed by brushing at home. Failure in this area can result in dental caries (as tartar is a retention point where proper hygiene is difficult) and periodontal diseases, destabilization and even tooth loss. Ultrasonic scaling is usually painless;
- sandblasting, i.e. cleaning of teeth surface and interdental areas using grains of sodium bicarbonate discharged by the sand blasting device with water under pressure. Tea, coffee, wine and tobacco stains are effectively removed and teeth get a whiter shade;
- polishing, which restores smoothness of teeth after scaling and sandblasting. For that we use all kinds of rubbers, abrasives, brushes or polishing pastes.
We treat our patients individually. Even minimally invasive treatments, such as prevention and hygienization, are preceded by a medical interview in order to select appropriate treatment methods.