One of the intimate problems many women complain of are protruding labia minora. Although, in principle, it is not a change of pathological nature (i.e. does not require treatment from a medical point of view), it may significantly hamper many daily activities, causing discomfort. On the other hand, aesthetic considerations may contribute to lower self-esteem and dissatisfaction with sexual intercourse.
Labioplasty is an aesthetic surgery whose aimisto change the size or shape of the labia. The main indicationis hypertrophied labia minor, which can make it difficult for women to practice sport and enjoy sexual intercourse, as well as their asymmetry. It is worth remembering that labiahypertrophy may appear in women who have undergone difficult births, often have intimate infections and wear jewelry in intimate places.
The procedure is preceded by local anesthesia using a needle.Finally, thin seams are put on and then removed by a doctor after 7-10 days.
It should be remembered that the aesthetic effect of this type of surgery is relative and it is not always possible to perfectly reduce the smaller labia so that they hide between the larger ones. In addition, slight asymmetryis natural and expected.
The effects of labioplasty
- compensation of asymmetry of the labia minora
- reduction of smaller labia
- giving the desired shape to the smaller labia
- labia asymmetry (labia clearly different in size)
- too large labia smaller (too thick, too long, etc.), which can effectively hinder ordinary daily activities or e.g. playing sports (painful abrasions)
- decompensated diabetes
- reproductive organ infections
- menstruation (immediately before or during)
- anticoagulant therapy
- circulatory disorders
- tendencies to form hypertrophic scars, keloids
Frequency and number of treatments
Labioplasty is a one-time procedure.
Advantages of the procedure
- safe method if performed by an experienced specialist
- immediately visible effects
- during the procedure a patient cannot be during or a few days before menstruation
- complete pubic hair epilation
- do not take medicines reducing blood clotting, e.g. acetylsalicylic acid, one week before
- the need to provide valid results for the following tests