Traditional fixed appliances, although made of very good quality metals, often contain elements which can cause allergies. Nickel is one of them. An allergy to orthodontic appliances can manifest itself in symptoms such as burning, swelling and lesions in the mouth, gingivitis, peeling lips, inflammation in mouth corners or a rash on the face.
Orthodontic treatment is a process lasting several months, during which a patient must wear a fully biocompatible orthodontic appliance. Fortunately, people with allergies are not excluded from the possibility of orthodontic treatment. We are happy to offer to them an anti-allergic, nickel-free device. It looks like a traditional fixed appliance, but is in 99.9% made of non-allergic titanium. Hence, it is completely comfortable and safe for the patient.